The Mozart Project’s Mentorship Program provides young trained musicians aged 18-26 unique exposure to the industry of professional music performance and is designed as a stepping-stone to a successful professional career. Mentorship Program participants are paired with the professional musicians of the Toronto Mozart Players and gain from advanced private instruction and mentorship in support of their artistic development. The Mentorship Program offers talented emerging instrumentalists exceptional performance opportunities in chamber, orchestral and operatic works of the mid-eighteenth century and beyond. On completion of the Mentorship Program, participants perform in concert with the Toronto Mozart Players under the direction of David Bowser.
The Mentorship Program provides emerging instrumentalists:
- a presentation of scholarly research on the repertoire selected for the concert program
- a private lesson with a Mentor
- chamber music rehearsals with a Mentor
- orchestral rehearsals seated next to a Mentor
- a concert performance with the Toronto Mozart Players
This program is currently in development.