REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
1. The Toronto Mozart Vocal Competition is open to emerging singers of all voice types trained or in training between the ages of 18-35.
2. Applications must be received by midnight on Sunday December 1, 2019.
3. Candidates will be invited to perform in the Competition which will take place on Friday January 24, Saturday January 25 and Sunday January 26, 2020 at Church of the Redeemer, 162 Bloor Street West, Toronto. Round One of master classes with David Bowser will take place over two days on Friday between 6:00 pm and 9:30 pm and on Saturday between 1:00 pm and 9:30 pm. Round Two of master classes with Krisztina Szabó will take place on Sunday between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
4. Participants selected for Round Two will be notified by email and/or text message on Saturday, January 25, after Round One is completed.
5. The names of the singers selected for scholarship awards and concert performance will be announced and posted on the Mozart Project website on or before Wednesday January 29, 2020.
6. The scholarship recipients will perform as soloists in Mozart’s Requiem in concert with the Toronto Mozart Players and the Pax Christi Chamber Choir on Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 2:00 pm at Church of the Redeemer, 162 Bloor Street West, Toronto.
7. Participants must be available for the following rehearsal and concert schedule:
March 25 2020, 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Piano rehearsal, Church of the Redeemer
March 25 2020, 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Rehearsal with chorus, Church of the Redeemer
March 26 2020, 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
Rehearsal with orchestra, Church of the Redeemer
March 28 2020, 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Dress Rehearsal, Church of the Redeemer
March 29, 2020, 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Concert, Church of the Redeemer
8. After the application deadline, Competition participants will be notified of the time of their performance in Round One on Friday January 24 or Saturday January 25 and will receive full details and directions to the Competition venue.
9. Participants must prepare three Mozart arias (opera, sacred, or concert) in their original keys OR two Mozart arias (opera, sacred, or concert) in their original keys AND one lied, song or chanson by Mozart.
10. Each participant will be allotted 15-20 minutes in total for Round One and 25-30 minutes in total for Round Two. The participant will perform the arias (or selections / portions thereof, as requested by the instructor), and will participate in an individual masterclass for the remaining time.
11. Participants in Round One may supply their own accompanist or choose to use one supplied by the competition at a cost to the participant of $45 payable no later than the Competition application deadline. An accompanist will be provided for participants performing in Round Two.
12. The Competition organisers must receive the online completed application form, inclusive of an uploaded curriculum vitae and headshot, and the $115 CAD entry fee no later than midnight on Sunday December 1 2019. Incomplete or illegible forms will not be accepted.
13. The entry fee is neither refundable nor transferable if the participant withdraws from the Competition.
14. Participants must arrive at least 20 minutes before their assigned performance time and sign in at the reception desk.
15. Participants must provide the instructor with a copy of their music at the performance.
16. No cameras or recording devices are permitted at the Competition site.
17. All results and decisions made by the instructors are final.
18. Any presentation or performance during the competition master classes, rehearsals and at public concerts may be recorded and/or photographed by the Mozart Project for the exclusive use of the Mozart Project. All such material shall become the property of the Mozart Project and may be used subsequently for advertising and promotion, on the Mozart Project website, in press releases, and for archival records, for the purpose of promoting the Toronto Mozart Vocal Competition and the Toronto Mozart Players, without compensation to the participants.
19. By agreeing to the Rules, the participant confirms that no compensation will be paid for release from other engagements or for performances by the Toronto Mozart Players.
20. The Mozart Project reserves the right to postpone or cancel the Toronto Mozart Vocal Competition.
21. The Competition reserves the right not to award scholarships or performance opportunities.
22. The Mozart Project will not be responsible for personal injury, damage to personal property, or any other losses during competition master classes, rehearsals, or concerts.
23. Payment of the $115 entry fee must be made at the time of application:
at the Mozart Project website OR
cheque payable to Mozart Project and mailed to:
Toronto Mozart Vocal Competition
33 Lombard Street, Suite 1509
Toronto, Ontario M5C 3H8
administration charge of $25 will be applied for a cheque returned NSF by the
24. The Toronto Mozart Vocal Competition and the Toronto Mozart Players are operated exclusively by the Mozart Project, a registered charitable organization. Any questions about these Rules and Regulations or about the Competition may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED